The Industrial Revolution: Top Trends and Takeaways from Hannover Messe 2019
The industrial, supply chain, and energy environment is facing significant global headwinds. Trade wars, political change, and global market mechanics are placing intense pressure on company outlooks. In response, many businesses are aggressively pursuing technology in order to increase productivity and drive profit margins.
These were some of the critical themes to emerge at Hannover Messe 2019. Our analysts were at the conference, and they are sharing their first-hand intel to help you navigate this turbulent environment and seize new opportunities in our new whitepaper, The Industrial Revolution: The Top Trends and Takeaways from Hannover Messe 2019.
Some of their findings include:
- The appetite to connect hardware is growing. The majority of the marketplace is focused on connecting assets and trying to get data off them at present. The tech provider world needs to assume less and listen more.
- In 2018 wireless was somewhat of a “dirty word.” At Hannover Messe 2019, it was abundantly clear new forms of wireless connectivity, including LTE and 5G, were taking the lion’s share of commercial interest.
- The need for digital transformation is not just in the realm of the large organization. There was a growing focus on the sub-1,500 employee company and enabling those firms to benefit from connectivity and increased data analysis.
- Technologies capturing attention included 5G, AI, IIoT (Industrial Internet of Things), AR (Augmented Reality), Digital Twins, Data Analytics, Autonomous Materials Handling, Cobots, Exoskeletons, Generative Design, Additive Manufacturing, and Blockchain.
- A passionate debate at the show was the continued conundrum of edge or cloud for data management and execution of decision functions and data storage.
- There are some very powerful commercially driven partner ecosystems emerging that look set to shape the market of the future.
For all of the key takeaways from Hannover Messe 2019, download the free whitepaper now.