Despite immense and lingering challenges—inflation, cost constraints, and manufacturing recessions, to name a few—2024 could be a watershed year as we collectively turn a corner. It won’t be smooth and it won’t be linear, but 2024 holds the promise of technology providing the acceleration engine to move us out of the past few years in the doldrums
When we look at the technology space, there are some clear trends that we can foresee:
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) will be a driver. It will permeate, improve, and optimize many functions as the landscape moves to smaller models and open innovation.
- Reduced Capability (RedCap) will come to the fore as a solution to watch.
- There will be accelerated Mixed Reality (MR) interest.
- Post Quantum Cryptography (PQC) will see initial Return on Investment (ROI) accelerated from limited deployments.
- We will see the emergence of “pop-up” metaverse solutions for limited industrial applications.
- Low Earth Orbit (LEO) and satellite-to-cellular markets will grow significantly.
- Sustainability reporting will spur a sustainability software market.
- Wi-Fi 7 will receive much attention.
These are just some of the 82 trends that our global team of analysts spotlight in our new whitepaper, which includes 45 predictions of what will happen and 37 predictions of what won’t happen in 2024. We hope that it serves as a helpful blueprint for building realistic expectations of key technology markets and verticals. ABI Research is privileged to sit in a powerful position between the tech innovator communities and those companies looking to utilize technology in their operations.